SO MANY CHOICES
The traditional route
You could try to get an agent, but rejection rates are high:
- They publish only certain genres, and your work may not fit their market.
- Traditional publishing houses tend to be terribly risk averse.
- Perhaps they do not see you as "big" enough for their investment.
Online self-pub providers
These guys are aggressive marketers, so beware.
- They will promise you listing on Amazon, etc,. and sales of thousands. But reality might be different
- The books will be priced in USD and may be too high for the local market.
- The quality of production might not be what you expect; we have some of their titles.
- They will control marketing, so please check their royalty scheme.
D-I-Y will give you total control of your work and costs, but:
- Unless you are in the industry, there will be a steep learning curve
- You will get to keep all sales revenue.
- But you will have to do all the marketing, which is true no matter which publishing model you choose.
- A D-I-Y model will be a daunting prospect for most people.
The Silverfish New solution
Assisted D-I-Y is the best way to describe this model:
- You'll have full control of your costs, and there'll be no big sales pitches. You decide.
- We will advise you on how to save costs.
- We will teach you how and where to sell your books.
- We have the of lowest price points of any self-publishing company in Malaysia.
And you think you have a killer manuscript to make you world famous. What do you do?
You spend years looking for an agent, who is unlikely to look at your manuscript unless you're previously published. And no big publisher will look your manuscript if you don't have an agent. Almost every author has been there. There is no chance for anything new or different.
Frequently asked questions
1. How do I submit my manuscript?
All manuscripts must me submitted in full in MS Word (.doc or .docx) format. No other format will be accepted. Images, tables and charts must be converted to a .png format, and must be no more than 120 mm wide and 196 mm high.